Friday 11 January 2013

Birthday Kiss


This is a digital drawing I did in Photoshop over a picture taken of me and my fiance on my 18th birthday. I used a graphics tablet and a default, round brush to trace over the lines of the image. It's basically just a trace of a photograph, but I really like the effect it has.
On each area of hair, I tried a slightly different approach. My hair (right) I did with a thicker brush and outlines each section of shape in my hair first, then went back in with two smaller brushes to add lines. For Dan's hair I used the smallest brush I used in my hair and went around the shapes like i did in mine, but much finer (and took a lot longer!). Finally, his beard was done in the same way as his hair but I didn't outline the sections first. This gave it a much lighter and finer look as it is in life.
I am so pleased with this.
I have always loved the photograph because it seemed to capture our happiness together as we tried not to laugh while kissing for the camera.
(Thought I would put some personal work on here too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment