Friday 14 September 2012

Photographers 3

Eadweard Muybridge


What I like about this chain of photographs is that it shows you step-by-step and from two different angles, how this man does a front flip. It's very interesting seeing how the human body moves. Eadweard has also done this style of image with horses to prove that all hooves are off the ground at the same time at one point while they run.


Fay Godwin
 

I love this photograph. Usually forests and woodland areas are portrayed as scary and menacing places where evil lurks. This photo does the oposite and makes it look inviting. I believe forests to be magical places where animals and nature are untouched by humans. 
I myself am a spiritual person and I believe that the closer you are to nature, the closer you are to 'God' (Though 'God' to me is the Great Spirit.)
It is a calming image that has a sense of serenity about it.


Mary Ellen Mark
 

I love how sleepy Depp looks here. With his cigarette burning away without his concerns. His hair is a mess and he scratches his eye, raising his eyebrows in a manner that suggests he doesnt care.
The way his shirt is unbuttoned makes it look very unsmart and casual, almost like pajamas. It's a very relaxed looking photo and looks pretty cool without trying. (Also I am a fan of Johnny Depp!)
I really like the greys in this picture, it makes it look very soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment