Sunday 25 November 2012

A is for A4

In this short project, we had to choose a word beginning with 'A' and create a spider diagram of what that word meant to us and what we thought of when we heard that word.
After doing our group spider diagram, I chose the word 'Africa' as it was the word that I was most inspired by. I did much research in the college library and looked through travel guides for South Africa... I soon realised that it was going to be really hard to do observational drawings of the landscape and wildlife of Africa without going there and we only had the weekend to complete this project.
Here are the photographs of me creating the final piece after doing as much as I could with the research I had collected from the library.

I have included some of my research pages and how I have layed them out.
I appologise in advance that you will have to tilt your head to view the first few photographs because something has glitched in Blogger and it likes to alter my images without my say so and not let me change them back...
 















 I was pleased with how this lion cut-out turned out, though I would have liked to have made a more intricate design. I did try a more intricate one but it just kept ripping. Maybe one day within this course I will try this again and buy a new blade for my scalpel as it hasn't had a blade change since I got it... two years ago...
That could have been the reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment