Tuesday 9 October 2012

Fine Art

In this lesson we placed objects on an over-head projector and traced them onto A1 parcel paper we taped to the wall.
We weren't allowed to create anything from our imagination but draw round objects, use objects to print onto the paper and so forth.
I enjoyed this project quite a lot, but it isn't what I want to persue. It did, however, lead me to what I want to do.

I put a net bag on the OHP and traced around it with blue pastel then used a small, plastic skeleton and painted around the shadow. After watching some videos of various fine artists, I adopted one of their techniques of using masking tape to block out a box and paint over it. It didn't work as well as I wanted it to because the masking tape ripped at the paper. The second box really wasn't a square, this was an accident as it looked fine up close, but I kind of like it better that way.
Here I went around various mechanical components, a clamp, a metal shoe stand/shaper and used paints and pastels. I had a large empty space across the middle and so placed the large metal chain across the page and used red simply because I hadn't used it yet. I splashed the watered-down paint over the chain hoping to create a negative shape...
...however, it didn't really go to plan and looked more of a mess. It was going to take a long time to dry and I figured I had ruined it anyway, so I taped it up and let the paint run down the paper. I hoped that it would go straight down but it started to run as soon as I picked it up off of the table. It was an experiment that I learnt from but not a successful piece on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment