Friday 26 October 2012

Graphic Design 5

Raygun

 I like the Raygun Magazine because it's not the traditional form of cover. There is a lot of text, up-side-down, over-lapping, faint, bold and some doesn't even seem to be English. A lot of popular magazines will have an image covering some of the text because they know people will still know what it is. This one, on the other hand has cut off the top of the image before it even reaches the text. I also like how the 'N' in 'Gun' is joined to the 'U'.

Olly Moss

I really like the work of Olly Moss and how he uses a very controlled colour palette of usually black, white and another colour. I love this poster in particular. His work is very clever and has many images or meanings throughout the design. For example, this one is an image of a hand bursting from the earth which is a typical piece of imagery when thinking of zombies. When you look into the hand, you see trees and a house, in the bottom left, you can see a man digging a grave. This describes in a very compressed way the story of 'The Evil Dead'. 
It's so clever and the media in which it was created is interesting too, I like how it looks traditional.

Sister Corita

 I like the work of Sister Corita because it has nice messages. She is a woman of God and so tries to spread love through her work. They are all colourful and beautiful. I like how you have to work a little to read it as the writing is up-side-sown or reversed, but when you have taken the time to read and understand the message you feel happy and at peace.

Ed Ruscha

http://www.hirshhorn.si.edu/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Ed-Ruscha-In-the-Collection.jpg

I like how this work looks to be made out of paper layed on it's side to make it look 3D. A lot of his work is made from rather odd materials, for example egg whites, fruit juice, grass strains and blood. His work either has a meaning to it or just seems to be in the purpose of an experiment, which I like because even if it doesn't have a recognisable meaning behind it, it would have been a learning curve for him and he will have made progress because of it. Sometimes the transition from one work to another is visable.

Maricor Maricar


On one of my projects in Graphic Design last year I really got into the work of Maricor Maricar. They were shown to me by my tutor as it was similar to the work that I was thinking of creating and it helped me to improve my ideas. The detail and precision that goes into each of their works are simply amazing, which is one of the reasons why I chose to do my project in a similar style, so I could fully appreciate how difficult it is to make work this way. I enjoyed it thoroughly and have a high level of respect for them.

Why Not Associates

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6v6agkRhI1qh0usho1_1280.jpg
 I really like the style of this comedy carpet. It has famous quotes from comedians and funny films all put down as a massive poster and the floor in an old fashioned style that looks so fabulous. The whole thing is very simple with simple colour schemes, but put in huge on the floor in Blackpool and it becomes a massive success. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment